(This activity has been approved for 9.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™)
Your greatest challenge in healthcare today is not clinical. Your greatest challenge is delivery of your clinical skills to your patients in a safe and effective manner at a low cost. That is a business challenge and the solutions are found in obtaining and applying business skills. Business training is not a part of traditional medical education curriculum. The aim of this package is to significantly improve every physician’s, no matter their practice setting, ability to deliver healthcare to their patients. This package represents a one stop shop to obtaining the business skills all physicians need to deliver their clinical skills to their patients. Included are the following courses from the Johns Hopkins Business of Medicine library:
1. Healthcare Financial Statements Understand and Analyze
2. Capital - What Physicians Need To Know About Money
3. Physician Reimbursement and Employment Contracts
4. Healthcare Budgets
5. Leadership and Management for Physicians
6. Negotiation for Physicians
Due to the number of courses displayed on this page, expect a slight delay in loading.
This online course has been prepared for any individual who works as a healthcare provider. There are no prerequisites to participate.
Paul Gurny M.B.A. M.S. Managing Director, Essential Seminars for Physicians LLC., Senior Professional Instructor, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
David Joyce M.D. M.B.A. Director of Educational Programs, Essential Seminars for Physicians LLC.
After participation in this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze an organizations financial health.
- Discuss the good and the bad aspects of debt, how much to own and how much to borrow.
- Create a professional proposal that makes financial sense.
- Identify the financial meaning of an employment contract.
- Discuss the right way physicians can lead in order to create engagement of your employees and patients.
- Negotiate effectively with payers and insurers.
The course is available 24/7/365 on an unlimited basis and may be viewed on any smart device. The opportunity to receive CME credit will be presented after each course in the package. The package represents a 20% savings over tutorials purchased individually.
Total viewing time 7.5 hours
Estimated time to complete the modules and post-tests 9 hours
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 9.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
JHU Faculty/Staff Only: If you are using your Tuition Remission Benefit or an ION budget, please complete this REGISTRATION FORM 8 2014 and return with appropriate payment processing form to OCME, Turner 20. Information can be found on-line at http://www.hopkinscme.edu/