Negotiation for Physicians 2.0 CME
This activity has been approved for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
This course concentrates on the negotiating skills that every provider of healthcare needs, no matter their practice setting. Negotiation is a business skill that all physicians need to possess. All providers negotiate on many different levels every day. Improving your skill allows for greater effectiveness in your relationships with other business entities, colleagues, employees, and patients. This tutorial will examine the healthcare negotiating process. We discuss the techniques of effective negotiation; how to prepare, how to conduct the negotiation itself, and important factors to consider once the negotiation is complete. With this tutorial, you will level the playing field and assure a fair and productive outcome to your next negotiation.
- Evaluate the health system in which you are planning to work.
- Explain the techniques of sound and effective negotiating.
- Use negotiation skills to secure your contract.
- Negotiate effectively with payers and insurers.
- Apply your overall negotiation skills.
- Perform your first year on the job in a way that ensures long term success and happiness.
CLICK ON THE FIRST LESSON TO BEGIN