Healthcare Reimbursement and Employment Contracts 1.25 CME
This activity has been approved for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
This course concentrates on the rules that insure you are reimbursed fairly for the work you do. There is no one who will be more concerned about how you are reimbursed and the details of your contract than you. Healthcare reimbursement is becoming increasingly complex. Being reimbursed fairly is also key to your ability to bring high quality care to your patients, while at the same time ensuring a sustainable practice environment. Leaving those details to others because it is too complicated or too time consuming can have adverse consequences. This course will walk you through how healthcare providers are reimbursed. It then reviews individual production based compensation contracts so that you will be able to negotiate successfully to realize fair compensation, a detail that is very important to you and your family. We all work very hard in our practices, let’s make sure we all are compensated fairly for that work.
- Define the rules of reimbursement.
- Identify who makes the rules of reimbursement.
- Explain why there are rules of reimbursement.
- Discuss the role of benchmarking.
- Describe the mighty RVU.
- Discuss the reimbursement equation – RVUs and conversion factors.
- Identify the financial meaning of an employment contract.
CLICK ON THE FIRST LESSON TO BEGIN.