(This activity has been approved for 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™)
If there was ever a doubt to the presence of government in every physician’s decision making, healthcare policy reform has removed it. The framework under which every physician cares for their patients is rapidly changing. Getting out ahead of the change is essential, and the first step is becoming informed. This package has been selected from the Johns Dannemiller CME Business of Medicine video series and includes the following courses:
1. Unraveling Medicare’s Meaningful Use Program
2. Unraveling Medicare’s Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
3. Business Planning for Accountable Care Organizations
This online course has been prepared for any individual who works as a healthcare provider. There are no prerequisites to participate.
Paul Gurny M.B.A. M.S. Managing Director, Essential Seminars for Physicians LLC., Senior Professional Instructor, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
David Joyce M.D. M.B.A. Director of Educational Programs, Essential Seminars for Physicians LLC.
After participation in this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss how to implement Meaningful Use in your practice.
- Explain the incentive/penalty profile for Meaningful Use.
- Practice management skills.
- Identify the most time efficient and successful Physician Quality Reporting System reporting method.
- Discuss finance in ACOs and shared savings.
- Discuss the pros and cons of ACO strategy planning.
They will be available 24/7/365 on an unlimited basis and may be viewed on any smart device. The opportunity to receive CME credit will be presented after each tutorial in the package. The package represents a 20% savings over courses purchased individually.
Total viewing time 2.75 hours
Estimated time to complete the modules and post-tests 3.5 hours